UK operator Three has said that 97 percent of the traffic on its 3G network is mobile internet data from downloading apps, streaming movies and using apps such as Google Maps. Voice and text messages make up the remaining 3 percent of traffic. Between June 2010 and September this year, the operator says it has seen a 427 percent increase in data usage from smartphone users.