Vimpelcom grows sales 12% in 2Q09
Russian and CIS mobile operator Vimpelcom, which operates under the Beeline brand, announced net revenues of RUB69 billion (US$2.2 billion) in 2Q09, up by 3.3 percent quarter-on-quarter and by 12 percent from the year-earlier period, notes Telecompaper.
VimpelCom enters Laos via Millicom acquisition
Millicom has sold a 78 percent stake in its Laos mobile network ('Millicom Lao Co.') to Russia's VimpelCom for US$66 million. The purchase price represents an enterprise value of US$102 million with the Lao government retaining the remaining 22 percent.
Be the first to know.
Subscribe to our newsletter today.
You'll gain exclusive access to breaking news, expert analysis, and in-depth features delivered right to your inbox.